Friday 12 December 2014

Task 6.A Questionnaire


To help narrow down my inquiry question I have made a very basic questionnaire; all the questions are open. I am hoping this will bring about new ideas and inspire the direction in which I would like to follow for my Inquiry. I gave the questionnaire to 6 GCSE dance students,  hoping the answers would help me to narrow down the very broad field i am looking into. I hope to relate my study specifically to teenagers, ensuring the end product can be applied to future teaching both in dance and other subject. 


Dance therapy uses movement as a form of therapy to help teens improve communication skills, develop a healthy body image, work through problems and cope with emotional issues. Dance therapy is based on the belief that there is a direct relationship between movement and emotion and that therapeutic movement brings balance to the entire body- physically, emotionally and spiritually

Has dance ever helped you to release anxiety or tension?

Do you think Dance can be a beneficial way to express how a teenager is feeling?

Does dance provide a distraction when you are stressed or feeling down?

Has dance/ choreography ever helped you face/ communicate a struggle you didn't wish to communicate verbally? 
Have you ever used your own life situations/ experiences as a stimulus for your choreography?
Do you think dance has helped you with self-esteem/ confidence?

I chose 6 KS4 dance students at random and asked them to fill in the anonymous questionnaire. The students answers were varied and prompted me to do more research. whilst vague, they did reassure me that this was defiantly something worth looking into as almost all were using performing arts as some sort of therapy.





No comments:

Post a Comment